- Paint Across UV Seams using the smudge & blur tools.
- Auto UV map with one click: paint textures directly onto 3D objects.
- Achieve photo-realistic effects with virtually unlimited resolution texture painting and image outputs (utilizing 64 bit technology).
- Paint & view color, displacement, bump maps and more in real time for ultimate texture control.
- Easily create complex compositions by using layer specific blending modes such as overlay, dodge, burn, etc., just as your favorite 2D painting application.
- Utilize Image Adjustment brushes and tools: blur, smudge, hue, etc.
- Paint directly from photo reference images using the Clone Brush tool.
- Paint Tools are similar to those in popular 2D paint applications which makes it easy to learn.
||CLICK HERE to Buy from our Renderosity Store or HERE to Subscribe.
|Blacksmith3D Standard-7 Edition
||CLICK HERE to Buy from our Exclusive Renderosity Store.
Blacksmith3D Version 7 New Features
- Get NEW Hair Creation and Editing tools -
There is an all new Hair tab for tools to create hair from scratch or to edit and existing hair model. Import hair models in multiple file formats (obj, fbx, cr2, pp2, hr2, and duf) as long as they are transmapped and not dynamic. The hair is created and edited using an industry standard for 3D hair, which is based on two main elements.
• A skull cap, or growth surface, which serves as a foundation for hair to grow out of (scalp).
• And Hair Strands. Create flat, rectangular strands that use a combination of transparency and color maps to give the illusion of several individual hairs. A hair piece can be created from scratch, given the raw geometry used for the growth surface. Also, an existing hair piece can be edited as it is, or have additional strands added to it.
- Auto Pressure -
For users that do not use a drawing tablet, and for creating special effects like small hairs on a surface, the Auto Pressure feature can vary the simulated pressure for each paint stroke. To create a hair effect, the Auto Pressure Midpoint may be set to a small value like 5%, to create a fatter base and a thinner tip.
- Stroke Smoothing -
Stroke smoothing will automatically smooth out the path of the paint stroke to give a curvier effect. This will dramatically decrease "jitters" in the paint stroke that may be due to painting with a mouse or other pointing device that does not offer the natural motion of a stylus.
- Optimized Painting Speed -
Painting speed has been optimized for overall speed, and to reduce bottlenecks/lag when applying paint strokes to multiple high-resolution textures.
- Templates -
Export and import subsets of your project using Templates. Templates can be customized specifically for your workflow. Examples of what can be stored templates.
- Complete character setups - Apply your own custom default settings for any character simply by importing the template. May include default textures, morphs, display groups, presets, etc.
- Image Map Layers - Create a template that stores only certain layers that can be reused in other projects.
- Morphs - Create templates for common morphs that will be reused often.
- Hair - Create templates for starting your hair projects, including custom growth sources, hair textures, etc.
- Almost anything that exists in a Blacksmith3D project can be stored and reused in a template.
- Material Sets Auto-Assign -
Auto-assign image maps to all materials that share the same map for standard commercial figures (like Genesis figures, Dusk/Dawn, or V4/M4, etc). So if you assign a map to the material "Face", you will be prompted to automatically assign the same map to all other materials in that set like the lips, nostrils, mouth, etc.
- Fixed Assets: Content Management -
Assets imported from your content libraries can now be stored as Fixed Assets in Blacksmith3D. This means that instead of saving and loading the data in every Blacksmith3D project and/or template file, they can be reloaded from their original file location instead. This makes project and template files much smaller, and faster to save. Examples of items that are good candidates for fixed assets are.
• Geometry files such as standard characters. ( e.g. Genesis characters from DAZ )
• Texture maps that are used for display, but not being edited.
Fixed assets are especially useful when creating templates since the template can be redistributed to other users without transferring items that may be protected by copyright, etc. The end user will need to have those fixed assets installed in their content folders.
- Import ABR Brush Files
Import ABR files to use as brush tips with ABR version must be 6.1 or 6.2 and only bitmap based brushes are supported. Not all attributes of the brush are preserved due to compatibility reasons.
- Texture Transformer Version 2.0 -
Texture Transformer (TTv2) has received a major upgrade. Skin textures can now be converted using cr2, duf, pz2 or mc6 files AND without having to first save the texture(s) to the original/source figure (you must still own the original/source figure for TTv2 to be able to find it in your 'runtime' path). Also, we have added batch input/source files to batch output/destination files to subfolder paths that you specific, which is perfect for vendors updating their character packs. Finally, the TTv2 packs are now distributed as files, instead of a folder containing multiple files. This makes managing your collection much easier and hopefully will reduce confusion when updating your software. Please remember that TTv2 is only available in the standalone version or in Blacksmith3D PRO-7, and not available in the Standard versions.
If you have already purchased Texture Transformer version 1, there is an upgrade option you can buy. And, you will not need to buy new add-on packs, if you have bought them for version 1. The add-on products have zip files for the new TT v2 packs that you can download from your Blacksmith3D "Item List" found HERE. Please be careful to get only the ones that start with ' TTv2 ' since the old packs are also there for the people who may not upgrade. You will also want to make sure that you unzip and extract the Texture Transformer packages into the 'TextureTransformerData' subfolder. The folder path is very important. So for each conversion, the TTPack files should be extracted from the zip file so that they look like this after installed on your computer.
Solutions for Artists
Bring your creativity to life with amazing tools available in the new powerful version of Blacksmith3D. It is designed for both professional artists and 3D novice in mind.
Blacksmith3D Painting and Morphing software was designed to ensure you have the most fun & ease of use while you bring your extraordinary ideas to life.
CLICK HERE for product options or to purchase.
- Create great textures in minutes!
- Paint across UV seams as if they didn't exist
- Use the Clone Tool for easy and effective texturing
- Auto UV map virtually any object with one click
- Use the smudge & blur tools to paint across seams
Cool Features You Should Know About
The Projection Brush
is a remarkably simple, yet extremely powerful tool which allows Blacksmith3D's painting tools to be as powerful as any 2D painting application that you own. It allows you to take a snapshot of the current viewport, load it into your 2d paint application, paint whatever you wish, then bring the results back into Blacksmith3D.
Solutions for Studios
Generate high-end visual results, ensure maximum workflow optimization, and streamline productivity with our Blacksmith3D painting and morphing software solutio.
We provide artists with tools for seamless 3D painting, complex compositions, and precise detailing, so they have the freedom to focus in creating really great art.
CLICK HERE for product options or to purchase.
- Easy to learn and use.
- Create immensely high resolution and detailed textures with 64 bit support.
- Streamlines production, simple software integration.
- Designed to optimize workflow.
- Affordable for large and small studios.
- Professional, high-end visual results.
Blacksmith3D is compatible with
or any applications that can import and export .OBJ files and use standard texture maps (jpg, png, etc.).
Paint Using Photo Resources
its easy to paint character textures using a photo resources as a custom brush.
||Try a free version of Blacksmith3D
Want to sample Blacksmith3D and not ready to buy? Download our free trial version.
Learn more about Blacksmith3D
Download our PDF Manual: a comprehensive guide for all editions of version 6.
Upgrade to PRO-6
Own an older version of our product and interested in upgrading? CLICK HERE to see your upgrade options at our Renderosity Store.
|| Beta v18.104.22.168 available
- NEW Quick Renderer. Display and edit your texture maps quickly.
- Massively high resolution textures (64 bit mode)
- True stacked image layers
- Projection painting
- Supporting 64 bit technology (Win/Mac)
Authorized Resellers & Partnership Opportunities
Blacksmith3D works with leading companies in the industry to distribute and integrate Blacksmith3D with other software products.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to become an authorized reseller of our products, or explore other partnership opportunities.