We are pleased to announce our newest release, Blacksmith3d version 6. Designed for professional artists and novices, Blacksmith3D provides artists with easy-to-use tools to achieve precision and realistic, natural effects. 3D artists who are using popular modeling, animation and rendering packages find it simple to integrate Blacksmith3D into their pipeline to enhance the quality of their art in a short period of time. 2D texture artists love the way Blacksmith3D allows them to paint across seams, and find it intuitive because version 6 has a standard 2D paint application look and feel. The 3D Painting is fully loaded with features that offer great precision, power, and sophisticated drawing ability. Unlike any other 3D painting or 3D morphing solution, Blacksmith3D offers direct integration with Poser and DazStudio products with its capability to import OBJ, CR2, PP2 and DUF files along with its abilities to export OBJ, CR2, MAT and MOR files.
The morphing tools feature a set of Chisel & Hammer tools, which allows the artist to sculpt fine detail or make big changes. Optimized to work with existing model topology, these tools enable 3d character artists to carve details where it was previously not possible with simple brush strokes. For example, the Contour Chisel allows the are artist to simply draw curves and the model's surface conforms to that shape. Carve new details that were thought impossible until now. This whole new class of tools makes Blacksmith3D a massively powerful and intuitive morphing solution. Blacksmith3D's morphing functionality utilizes Soft Selections allowing object to be deformed with ease. The hotter portions of the object deform the most and the cooler parts deform the least. In this way, you can easily create smooth and continuous morphs, with little effort. Why pay $800 or even more for other software that does what Blacksmith3D does for a quarter of the price?
Have a background object that needs texturing? Hate UV mapping. use the "Paint Setup Wizard" to automatically UV map the object with the click of a button, paint a quick texture and drop it into your scene. This entire process can be done in under 2 minutes! Don't waste time manually UV mapping background objects and props when they are not even going to be seen up close. Click a button and keep going on projects! Prefer to paint in Photoshop or GIMP, but want true 3D painting capabilities? Use the "Projection Brush" to create high resolution "snapshots" and paint directly on them in your 2D application of choice. Reload the snapshot into Blacksmith3D and apply the changes. Works across UV seams and map boundaries naturally!
Here are some examples of the stunning results 3D artist have gotten using Blacksmith3D Pro.
"For both pros and students, I highly recommend this package. It was simple and intuitive to use Blacksmith3D with no complex hoop-jumping to load and save models or to load and save images. It just worked! Many of these hidden gems do incredible work, but at a fraction of the cost of their brand-name counterparts! This is one of those hidden gems." - Timothy Albee, veteran of Walt Disney Feature Animation
"I will continue to support B3D as its my favorite tool. I am almost finished with my character using it, and I find it just perfect." - StudioArtVartanian, a Renderosity Top Vendor "... In all honesty, I used to use [another software] for texturing as well as modeling, but when I got my hands on Blacksmith-Paint I never looked back, your tutorials are fantastic and the interface is very easy to understand so I am happy to praise the software all I can." - Amy G. Florida, USA
"...the sheer awesomeness of Blacksmith3D is hard to describe. I used to get all shaken and stressed with having to deal with seams. Now? Pfft! I don't even worry about them. I can precisely place tattoos and other details across seams without breaking a sweat. It's the second tool I reach for when I'm starting to build a skin, right after Photoshop which is where I lay the base down." - Laura Haskell
New Key Features
- Completely New User Interface Menu redesigned to bring you the best elements of version 4's familiar layout while retaining the most powerful features of the version 5 workflow.
- Images for Layers - just like your favorite 2D paint application! Create any number of layers, change the blending modes and strengths for ultimate texture compositions.
- Now has thumbnail images with names under them for your maps.
- NEW concave shading, convex highlighting and normalize display modes for the "Selection Touchup Brush."
- Now imports DazStudio DUF and Poser PP2 files in addition to the OBJ & CR2 import, and OBJ, CR2, MAT and MOR export options.
- CR2 & PP2 file importer now supports all "simple" map assignments in the Poser shader tree.
- Quick Render View was updated to support all channels, including glossy (highlight size).
- Unlimited Display Groups in Blacksmith3D PRO allowed (the only limitation is what your computer can handle).
- MAT/CR2 export now has an option to export complete package to a Runtime in one simple step to save Poser artists more time.
- NEW "Angle: parameter to rotate the brush tip.
- Now preserves the displacement map strengths from imported CR2 files, and the displacement amount is visually the same as in Poser.
- Blacksmith3D's Texture Transformer comes FREE inside of the Blacksmith3D PRO version 6.PLEASE NOTE: There are not upgrade options for any of the versions 3 and 4, or version 5 Standard to upgrade to PRO-6. However, we have emailed special coupons to those users who are subscribed to our Blacksmith3D mailing list. Please contact us at email@example.com if the email was not been received.
More about this Software
Blacksmith3D is a 3D painting and 3D morphing software application for Windows and MAC designed to provide artists and studios with easy to use tools that generate high-end realistic visual results. Blacksmith3D provides artists with tools for seamless 3D painting, complex compositions, and precise detailing so they have the freedom to focus in creating really great art! The software was created in such way that it easily fits into an existing pipeline by supporting .obj files for imports and exports. In the latest version, the Projection Painting tool has been added that enables simple integration with your existing favorite 2D painting application with only a few clicks. Simply capture a specific angle of your model in Blacksmith3D - make adjustments in any 2D painting applications, then instantly paint the changes back into Blacksmith3D, even across UV seams and material/map boundaries.
With Blacksmith3D Version 6 - even greater depth and detail can be achieved via virtually unlimited resolution painting and high resolution displacement and bump map painting. These tools are only limited by your system's RAM and not by your GPU RAM. These new additions allow for HD textures where you can really zoom in and achieve precision detail. With high resolution displacement maps you can paint across seams and see your results in real time. Adjust strength and direction as you paint, and preview immediately to see the results. After every brush stroke, what you see is what you get. Easily output the maps instantly to integrate with your rendering application as often as you like.
* Easy to learn and use.
* Create immensely high resolution and detailed textures with 64 bit support.
* Streamlines production, simple software integration.
* Designed to optimize workflow.
* Affordable for large and small studios.
* Professional, high-end visual results.
For more information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org